National Space Weather Program Council (NSW/PC)
The National Space Weather Program Council (NSW/PC) will:
- Establish policy with respect to planning and implementation of space weather forecasting services, supporting research, and data archival, consistent with the policies and guidelines of the representative agencies.
- Coordinate interagency efforts and resources, ensure exchange of information an plans, encourage and focus research, and facilitate transition of research results into operations.
- Approve agreements among the agencies developed within the scope of the program.
- Foster education of space weather service providers and users, members of government, and the public.
- Coordinate and guide the development of an integrated program implementation plan. The plan will be reviewed annually and revised as needed. The plan will include:
- Requirements of the operational users of space weather services and anticipated economic and/or social benefits from meeting those requirements.
- Priorities for goals and activities which will result in specific improvements in space weather support capabilities.
- Agency roles, responsibilities, and contributions, both in general and anticipated as part of specific activities recommended by the Council.
- The general level of resources required to accomplish the plan and programs within the plan, without constraining specific agency planning.
- Means to identify and resolve policy issues that cut across agency lines.